The first-ever Celebrating ART will be held October 23-30, 2016. Celebrating ART is a week-long event focusing on the visual arts which is sponsored by Stratford Academy along with community partners Macon Arts Alliance, Mercer University, Museum of Arts and Sciences and Wesleyan College. The goal for this event is not only to share the love of visual arts with students and families but to reach out to the greater Middle Georgia community and promote organizations who provide leadership in the arts.
Celebrating ART is comprised of the following art-focused events:
- Student Art Exhibit and Reception - October 23 - All Eagle artists from Beginners to grade 8 will study art masters and create their own masterpieces. Upper school students will participate voluntarily. These framed pieces will be on display and available for purchase during the Student Art Exhibit. Reprints and additional products will also be available. Location: Grady Smith Gymnasium
- Teacher Treasures Silent Auction - October 23 - During the student art exhibit, a special Teachers Treasures event will take place. Stratford faculty members have donated unique and exciting experiences for families to bid on in a silent auction format. Some items include: Head of School for a Day, math tutoring sessions, and "A Night at the Academy" scavenger hunt and party. Location: Grady Smith Gymnasium
- Gallery 6010 - October 24-29 - A juried artist marketplace featuring hundreds of works of art by 30-50 artists from across the country. Artists interested in exhibiting should download the attached Artist Application and Guidelines. Applications due by August 19. Location: Stratford Academy, Science Center
- Stratford Connections Art Exhibit - October 17-November 18 - This exhibit will feature artists who are Stratford parents, alumni, faculty, grandparents, former parents, former faculty and others. Artists interested in exhibiting should download the attached Artist Application and Guidelines. Applications due by August 19. Location: Stratford Academy, Parker Buzzell Gallery
- Artistically Speaking featuring Bo Bartlett - October 25 - Bo Bartlett, is a world-renowned American realist painter who makes his home in Columbus, Ga. This lecture will delight art lovers as he walks guests through his unique style of painting. Tickets go on sale September 1. Wine and cheese reception included. Location: Idle Hour Country Club
- Lunch and Learn featuring James Farmer - October 26 - Author, Southern Living editor, designer, gardener, cook, and writer, James Farmer entertains as he creates living art for our homes and lives. Tickets go on sale September 1. Lunch catered by Fountain of Juice. Location: Stratford Academy, Olson Library
- Visiting Artists-in-Residence - October 24, 26, 28 - Join us for on-site experiences of artists at work on their craft. Location: Stratford Academy
Corporate and individual sponsorships of Celebrating ART are available. See attached Sponsorship Level details. For more information or to get involved with this event, contact Kathleen Medlin at 478-477-8073 x210 or email email@example.com.