Welcome back to another wonderful year at Stratford's Olson Library! We have many exciting new activities on the 2022 calendar for all ages and look forward to the coming months. We are often asked, "What makes the Stratford Olson Library such a unique and busy place on campus?" The library has hosted New York Times bestselling authors on our campus, created amazing art exhibits to educate visitors, procured new award-winning book titles, provided unique online services and created a nurturing and welcoming environment via collaborative work spaces, just to name a few.
We are excited to offer these services to our students and staff. We love supporting your library needs. Please stop by the Olson Library to see all the amazing new book titles and recent improvements, and decide for yourself why Stratford families and staff checked out a record-breaking 56,000 titles in 2021.
Thank you again for your support of the Olson Library. We are always delighted to share ways to enhance your life with literature.
Beth Parker Davis, Head of the Stratford Olson Library
Helpful Olson Library Reminders:
- All password-protected online library services may be located under the resource tab of "My Stratford". Online resources like JSTOR. PROQUEST, GALILEO and NEWSBANK offer research tools that Stratford families and staff can use in both their personal home and academic school life. A description of each password protected service, online magazines, and reading practice sites are listed on this resource page. Each area can be accessed from home using the online service links and passwords provided on the resource page.
- Preschool and Lower school students visit the Olson Library weekly with their homeroom teacher. Please contact the homeroom teacher to coordinate their library time and book checkout dates when needed. These students may keep their books one week at a time and renew when necessary. Accelerated Reader is a lower school reading encouragement site sponsored in conjunction with the library. Staff are always happy to help students learn how to use AR both at school and home.
- Middle and Upper school students may checkout their library books for two weeks at a time. Renewal is an option when reading extended chapter book selections. Research titles may be checked out overnight. Students visit the Olson daily to print from one of the desktop computers, work on collaborative projects, check out books, learn about online services, or study quietly. The students may also come before or after school when needed.
- The Olson Library is open on selected Mondays throughout the summer months. Watch for more news about our special programming on summer Mondays and 2022 events at the library.
- Permanent book returns are located outside of the Olson Library reading room, inside the preschool, and inside the lower school building. These are great resources when students locate overdue books or are absent on their library day. Every effort is made to help families locate lost books. Let us know how we may help you with your Olson Library needs in the future.