The Stratford Theatre Department is an open program, encouraging participation by all grade levels of students as well as open performance invitations to faculty, staff and our extended Stratford community. Our performances are attended by a broad cross section of campus and community supporters. This department is grounded in the belief that inclusion of the theatre arts is a vital part of a college preparatory education.
Our program features:
- educational offerings in both the classroom and on the stage
- an ensemble approach to acting education
- vocal and instrumental instruction and performance opportunities
- classical to modern repertory, from Greek to Shakespeare, to Broadway
- acting opportunities from all dramatic genres from tragedy to comedy
- student introduction to technical elements of theatre learning
- student leadership experience through officer roles in Drama Club
- challenging theatrical material, with advanced experiences for older students
Stratford offers a wide range of theatre courses with a rotating schedule every four years. As alumns of this department we are proud to have two Broadway actors, a Community Theatre Director for a historic community theatre, and a cadre of working theatre professional in a wide variety of performing arts related careers.
Stratford is proud to have working professionals in television, film, and theatre. Whether working behind the scenes, in front of the curtain, or on the screen, our tradition of excellence in drama exhibits itself in the field of entertainment.
Within the Middle Georgia area, we encourage students, faculty, parents, and alumni to participate in our flourishing arts scene! Whenever you are participating onstage or behind the scenes, we hope you will keep us posted so we can share in your success! When you see a Stratford Star working at one of our local stages, snap a photo and tag us @stratfordfinearts with the #StratfordStar
Director of Theatre
Tel: 478-477-8073 ext 276
8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m
Upper School Rotating Courses Offered:
Introduction to Theatre
Musical Theatre 1 & Musical Theatre 2
Stratford provides theatre opportunities for actors of all ages casting three or more productions each school year.