FLIK Lunch Program
My name is Josh Nowell and I am excited to be starting this upcoming school year as your new Director of Dining Services. I was born and raised in Macon and live here with my wife Ashley and our 2 awesome children, Crosby (5) and Zoey (4). About 11 years ago I left Macon to go to culinary school and follow my passion for cooking to see where it would lead! I received a degree in pastry and baking from Le Cordon Bleu and began a career in pastry arts. After working in hotels, resorts, casinos and schools from Florida to the mid-west, and slowly transitioning from baking to cooking, I found my way back to Macon about 5 years ago with Flik. I am happy to be joining the team at Stratford, and I look forward to working with the great kitchen staff we have here to make delicious foods that will be enjoyed by our entire community of faculty, staff, students and parents!
Josh Nowell, Director of Dining Services
FLIK Independent School Dining
Stratford Academy Unit # 18218
K4, K5 and ASAP
- Monthly menus will be posted specially designed for this age group and will be posted online each month and available on the parent portal.
- Due to the logistics of lunch time in the Kindergarten we are unable to provide partial lunches to students in this age group. We offer three different prices for our younger students.
- Daily - $4.00 per meal. We ask that this be paid daily to your student’s teacher when you drop them off in the morning.You can also set up a declining balance account in the lunch room to cover your child’s lunch. Please contact Flik management to set this account up, as kindergarten students do not receive personal accounts until they reach 1st grade. As with all of our declining balance accounts they will be subject to a $-25.00 cut off of credit.
- Half Year - A total one time payment of $350.This payment will cover lunches for the first semester. A second payment of $380 in January will cover the second semester.
- Full Year - A total one time payment of $650. This will cover lunches for the entire school year.
1st – 3rd Grade Students
- This age group will have a specially designed menu posted online each month and available on the parent portal.
- We will offer 1st and 2nd semester pricing and full year upfront payments or you can use a declining balance account for your student’s lunches.
- Students will not need to remember PIN numbers. However student accounts are subject to a $-25 charge limit. Accounts will be blocked if they surpass the $25 limit for charging.
- For the parents, all students will be limited to their meal plan lunch or daily purchased lunch. There will be no second trips through the service line, helping to prevent students from creating large negative balances.
- Meals will include 1 entrée, 1-2 sides, fresh fruit, small dessert, small drink and a “chop box” will be available for students that enjoy a healthier snack such as salad, yogurt bar, extra fruit, etc.
- Items such as ice cream, chips, fries and other unhealthy options that kids love so much will be limited to once a week and will be menued to allow students to be aware of when these will be served.
Lunch Options for 1st through 3rd Grade Student Daily purchases
- Students will have a declining balance account that needs to be stocked with funds.
- No cash will be accepted in the lunchroom.
If there is an emergency with funding or a student is unexpectedly in need of a lunch, emergencies do happen, please feel free to contact Director of Dining Services Chef Josh at 478-477-8073 x228 or email at Joshua.Nowell@compass-usa.com before 11am.
1st, 2nd semester and full year pricing
- Once your student has been signed up for a meal plan there will be no refunds unless you have withdrawn your student from Stratford Academy.
- Any returning 1st through 3rd grade student that has a positive balance on their 2015-2016 declining balance account that was held over the summer can have this balance applied to their single semester or full year payment.
- Any returning 1st through 3rd grade student with a negative balance on their 2017-2018 declining balance account must have this amount paid in full along with their single semester or full year payment. Negative balances of any kind will be paid in full out of any check received. This could result in your child not being signed up for the single semester or full year program you sent the check in for initially. Please be aware.
- 1st semester – a payment of $375 will need to be received by August 17th, 2019
- 2nd Semester – a payment of $450 will need to be received by January 3rd, 2020
- Full year – a payment of $730 will need to be received by August 17th, 2019
4th & 5th Grades
- 4th and 5th grade students will still be eating lunch in the original Eagle Café. This age group will be purchasing lunch using a declining balance account.
- A daily meal for this age group will cost $5 a day for one trip through the service line. This will consist of 1 entrée, 1-2 sides, fresh fruit, fresh salad, small dessert and a drink.
- Students will be allowed to come back through the line to purchase extra items if they are hungry, this could result in your student spending more than $5 a day.
- We recommend that you discuss with your student about their spending habits in the lunchroom to prevent unexpected charges and large negative balances.
- NO student will be allowed to charge more than a negative $-25.00 balance on their account.
6th – 12th Grades
- This age group will be purchasing lunch using a declining balance account. A typical daily charge for this age group could range from $1 to $8 a day depending on the student.
- Here at Stratford and FLIK we are grooming our students for the future and two of the most important life skills they can learn are offered here in the lunchroom: money management and making healthy eating choices.
- By offering a declining balance system we allow the student, with the assistance of their parents, to learn to budget money. We feel by involving the student in their daily purchase prices, keeping up with their current balances and informing their parents of owed bills we are setting them up for success when they have to do these activities without our help.
- By offering special meal deals and a la carte pricing we can encourage our students to make fiscally smart eating choices. A good way to do this is sit down with your student weekly and actively discuss how much they should spend, what items they are purchasing and their current balance.
- To help with account balances we are always available to students to discuss their declining balance information. It is highly important that you are diligent with your student, as NO student will be allowed to accumulate a negative balance of more than $-25. Please be attentive to this matter.
- Parents will receive weekly emails about their students account balance. Payments will be able to be made by check or cash on site and online credit card payments through MySchoolBucks.com and the mobile app.
- All accounts with a negative balance greater than $-25.00 will be automatically blocked until payment has been received. All declining balance accounts from Kindergarten to 12th grade will have a strict cut off of a negative $-25.00 this school year. All students will be allowed to charge on their account until they reach this $-25.00 threshold and then their account will be blocked.
- All Kindergarten through 3rd grade students can have a prepaid semester or yearly meal plan account as an alternative option to having a declining balance account. Please refer to specific information on this change in the attached documents.
Billing and Bill Pay Options
- All checks must be made out to Flik and can either be mailed to Stratford Academy c/o Flik, left with the receptionist in the front office or handed to the cashier on duty.
- We also accept cash payments on site.
- We ask that when making a payment that you include your child’s name and Flik PIN number (not their Stratford student ID number), to insure that the payment is applied to the correct student.
- It is important that parents and students keep up with their balance in the lunchroom. We wish to avoid situations where a child might go without lunch due to a negative balance on their account.
- All billing will be done via email. Weekly emails will be sent out to the email address supplied to the school.
- All parents will have the ability to access their student’s account online by visiting MySchoolBucks.com.